THE MAIN EXAMINATION
PAPER-I. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND GENERAL SCIENCE
1. Current Affairs - Current events of State, National and
International importance, International agencies, their activities,
Economic and Political aspects in India and organisations and
institutions working in these fields. Games and sports at State,
National and International Levels.
2. General Science - Questions on General Science will cover general
appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of
everyday observations and experience as may be expected of and
enlightened person though he may not have made any special study
of science. Question to test the candidate's acquaintance with
matters such as Electronics, Tele-communication. Satellies and the
like should also be included.
3. Geography and Natural resources -
(a) Broad physical features o the world, important places, rivese,
mountains, continents, oceans.
(b) Natural resources of India, Mines and minerals, Forests, land
and water, Wild life and conservation, ecology of India.
(c) Physiography, Climate, Vegetation and soil regions, Broad
Physical divisions of India, human resources, problems of
population, unemployment, poverty, drought famines and
desertification in India.
(d) Energy problems and conventional and non-conventional
sources of energy.
4. Agriculture and Economic Development of India - Food and
Commercial crops, agriculture base industries, Major irrigation and
rivers valley projects, Growth and location of industries. Industrial
raw materials, Mineral based Industries, Small Scale & Cottage
Industries, Export items, various economic plans, programmes and
institutions for development. Cooperative movement, small
enterprises and financial institutions.
5. History and Culture - Main currents in World History, Art and
Culture, Landmarks in the political and cultural history of India,
Major monuments, and Literary works. Renaissance, struggle ofr
freedom & national integration.
PAPER II. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF RAJASTHAN,
RAJASTHANI SOCIETY, ART & CULTURE
1. Geography and Natural Resources -
(a) Broad Physical Features : Topography, Climate, Vegetation
and Soil Regions, Rivers, Mountains, Lakes, Natural
divisions, Geographical regions.
(b) Natural Resources : Mines and Minerals, Forest, Land and
Water, Wild life and Conservation, Environmental Ecology.
(c) Livestock and Fisheries, Breed, Population, Regional
Distribution, Cattle Fairs.
(d) Human Resources, Population problem, Unemployment,
Poverty, Drought and Famines.
(e) Energy Problems and Conventional and Non-conventional
sources of energy.
2. Agriculture & Industry - Food and Commercial Crops, Agriculture
based Industries. Major and Minor Irrigation & River Valley
Projects. Projects for the development of the desert and waste land,
Indira Gandhi Canal Project. Growth and location of Industries,
Industrial raw materials. Mineral Based Industries, Large, Small
and Cottage Industries, Rajasthani Handicrafts.
3. Economic Development and Planning - Various Economic Plans.
Programmes and Institutions for development, Co-operative
movement, Small Enterprises and Financial Institutions, Various
indicators of Economic development.
4. History, Polity, Art & Culture - History & Culture of Rajasthan
with special reference to :
1. The mediaeval background.
2. Socio-economic life and organizations.
3. Freedom Movement and Political awakening.
4. Political Integration.
5. Music, dance & theatre.
6. Religious beliefs, cults, saints, poets and warrior saints 'Lok
Devta', 'Lok Deviyan'.
8. Fairs and Festivals, Customs, Dresses & Ornaments. With
special reference to fold and tribal aspects thereof.
5. Literature - Rajasthani Language, Dialects and their regions,
History of language and literature, famous writers, poets and their
works with special reference to flok-lore.
PAPER-IV. GENERAL ENGLISH
1. Comprehension of a given passage
2. Translation (from Hindi to English)
3. Modern English Usage :
(a) Tense usage including sequence of tenses and concord.
(b) Phrasal verbs and idioms.
(d) Passive voice.
(e) Coordination and Subordination.
(f) Direct and Indirect speech.
(g) Modals expressing various concepts :
Obligation, Request, Permission, Prohibition, Intention, Condition,
Probability, Possibility, Purpose, Reason, Comparison, Contrast.
4. Report Writing
(Writing a report on the basis of given information)
5. Business and Official letters
6. Essay (not exceeding 300 words)